Translate

Monday, October 09, 2017

Five months since modular inverse discovery

No doubt my discovery of a third primary way to find the modular inverse, where other two have Euclid's name on one and Euler's on the other, impacted my thinking. And was a surprise for me as had decided to end my basic research phase, well satisfied with how things had gone.

Here's the post, though have put it up quite a bit since then: Modular inverse innovation

That THRILL of discovery is hard to describe. And I realized that yeah, society does believe that researchers in a field know and have it with discoveries in their area. And is very motivating, I assure you.

But what if you don't have it?

Well, my guess is, you will find it hard to understand, what you do not know.

For some who may think they are mathematical discoverers, like me, math is about recognition from peers, and is a social experience only.

For me though will not contain my enthusiasm as yeah, still excited over it. At times just ponder, and wonder.

Shows value of a great math education--where guess mine was better than I realized till recently--where smart teachers let young people discover things along the way, versus just dictating knowledge to them.

The thrill of discovery is amazing. Those who have it? Just wish all to feel it who can.

I have MY own way to calculate the modular inverse.

When you feel that thrill, yeah is motivating. Can be addictive too.

That perspective is helping me more as shift from a more competitive view, and realize DO need to help others understand that potential.

What can YOU discover? The math is there to find. Believe that.


James Harris

No comments: