Translate

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Sharing knowledge benefit

Found myself finally citing my own paper proudly and has been a journey of over a decade from that wild story around my one publication, to being able to talk confidently the value of publication as did in a recent post.

There I noted that in sharing truths, we open opportunity to find greater truths.

Of course a person could share for recognition, and readily note that some might think I do, when in the past yeah, maybe more so than now, as I got it. Why push harder for what I already have?

If you think I do not, then you may be looking to certain members of the mathematical community, whom I think may be dedicated to hiding a flaw that may mean they shouldn't actually be considered mathematicians.

Um, why would I expect recognition from them or care if I got it? Oh, power of a position, maybe?

And I did realize that yes, people may be looking at the POSITION even if informed that the person in the position may be behaving a certain way because the truth would remove the position. To me is like a Catch-22 and years ago I shied away from it, and did a mental shrug.

And as for objective evidence, so far last 7 days according to Google Analytics have had visits from 13 countries. US is main one, and not going to list the rest. There is just a constant of countries for me for about a decade. First noticed 2007? Or 2008? And not just for this blog either.

Can watch that jump when I have a new major discovery. Which has happened enough times over around a decade is not remarkable for me. Didn't even bother to closely watch this time with my latest, figuring out my own way to calculate the modular inverse. So no, no problem with recognition.

Oh, does give me the advantage can simply share math things here. Have the reach of a major journal, without the hassles.

Is weird actually. Word I also like to use for how have felt often is, unsettled. Global attention is something you have to learn to process.

People look to the establishment next though, am sure. So I get the recognition all over the globe can watch in web stats, but just not the official from a handful of people I don't think much of anyway.

The web is the new thing that helped me so much, but so much still is being learned, and I can see web stats where others can just see a quiet blog. Which I like.

Sharing for opportunity to learn more though is a concept that has inspired me. Yes, have been sharing that way for some time but hadn't written it out, just that way.

We know what we know as humans because of knowledge shared. And now I take it less for granted than I did before.


James Harris

No comments: