Translate

Saturday, November 11, 2017

With questions on expertise

DO find it hard to value what I do, though greatly enjoy sharing my mathematical adventures, where was a HUGE wrinkle to shift from thinking would be looking for validation from mathematicians, to questioning their expertise and distancing from them.

Now make sure to note am NOT a mathematician. My training though only undergraduate was in physics. And do note am a mathematical discoverer.

Rise of the web has helped me so much, both in doing basic research, evaluating and getting that research out there, while leaving vastly fewer clues for others I guess, about how great that reach is.

(I guess because I don't know. Puzzle over web analytics and other clues, much.)

Which means for me is newer generations who escape television or those who managed to unlearn like I did and relearn web ways who have a greater grasp of the possibility. Which is so weird.

Am global with ideas.

Read my dramatic explanation for how number theory got messed up:
Explaining a historical miss

Can assure you that story is not something that does not travel. But what people do next?

There things get complicated, which I like to call, the social problem.

Has been a very difficult adjustment. From looking to simply find something new and important, to also handling other things, where would not be needed if experts in the field could simply be trusted to help with great finds.

And am doing better at valuing what I do and what I've accomplished. But it did take thinking about it that way that I should. Is an odd thing as human beings, how do we value our own efforts?

Reality is, think for most is about how others value, or how we think they do.


James Harris

No comments: