Translate

Monday, January 29, 2018

Some facts as baseline

Well may as well baseline current somewhat. While also pondering what may be doing going forward.

One of the coolest things early was figuring out a simple way to count prime numbers, which I talk endlessly; relies yes on previously known ideas, but with a slight but powerful tweak. And not only had my own way to count primes, eventually realized lead to a partial differential equation. Which did have me at one point actually reading Riemann's notes, in original German as studied some. Was an odd feeling there but that was over a decade ago.

My find of a coverage problem showed the efficacy of my tautological spaces which also helped with a new way to reduce binary quadratic Diophantine equations. Have expanded on tautological spaces so are general so can tackle other things. And have my ring of objects. Actually may as well admit am usually doing things in the ring of objects, though not declared.

There is my prime residue axiom. And also have some additional tools for probing numbers where the BQD Iterator is one of my most widely used. Amazes me how versatile it is.

Where weirdly played with VASTLY more after giving a cool name. Had had for years. What's up with that? Naming things. Who knew?

There are plenty of things with which can occupy my time when I feel like it. Or simply review, thinking to myself--I found that.

Oh and of course still trying to emotionally grasp having my own modular inverse method. That just came like a bolt from the blue last year.

Am lucky. The research has simply been rewarding. Am a solitary researcher where don't even pretend otherwise but maybe in the past didn't so boldly declare. Now find that comforting to state clearly. And don't have to do things would never have wanted to do, like be an academic.

Is so perfect a situation in certain ways from my perspective. Yet at times that makes me wonder.

The math isn't going anywhere. Once found and shared, is simply available for our species.

Clearly have to a large extent relished controversy around my research, where guess that hasn't been secret. And been grateful to quit even bothering with trying to talk to mathematicians, despite occasional things here or there where feel a duty. If up to me? Would be done with them for good. As well as emphasizing am not one and will not become one. The math is the draw. Web enables people to get it when they need it.

Other things? Not needed. And now would simply be tedious, as going through motions needed in a world that has gone away.

Even now I work more to handle the constant global attention. More aware I know than others.

Which actually is true. Means have to totally let go of blaming math people for other problems which are just about me, like with money. The web does free you up from needing all that academic machinery including journals if you're NOT into it and NOT an academic, so don't need the silos which were needed in the past.

Yet it also pushes you to rapidly figure out how to then do ok, without the financial support. But at least the lack of approval from mathematicians have deemed irrelevant. Public does NOT notice or care. Just can't really talk math to them anyway. And why bother? Let interest drive people here.

Well enough for a basic baseline. Finishing up things has me better defining my research as abstract reductionism realized. And much of what I do is dominated by modular. And having introduced procedures that have given the world's first true modular algebra, there is so much can do both there and beyond.

Is SO cool.

Still do have responsibilities feel like to mathematical industry is how I like to phrase. And have stated will revisit in 2028, God willing. And if necessary.

Now though with so much settled can get back to just enjoying a continuing conversation with the math. More contemplating what I already have. NO plans on active research.

Have had enough fun there.


James Harris

No comments: