Translate

Friday, April 20, 2018

Power to publicizing knowledge?

For years have talked quite a few major mathematical discoveries. My original focus not surprisingly was in sharing with established academics where things did not go as expected. Of course figured primarily just needed to be correct!

And then ran into so much wacky when talked to the people I trusted to value mathematical truth. I was so very disappointed by mathematicians was able to reach somehow, like by email. And that disappointing behavior from them happened over and over and over again.

Maybe have been others all over the world similarly, like me, disappointed by the reality versus the expectations for people who supposedly should LOVE math and cherish mathematical truths!

The web allows rapid and easy distribution of information.

Have watched now for over a decade as has been clear the knowledge has spread widely. Which is also cool. And I do not think directly validates but stands to reason that important math would get used around the planet.

Like recently discovered a third primary way to solve for the modular inverse. Historical record shows that Euler gets one, and another goes back to ideas shared by Euclid. And is almost a year since I discovered.

My one published result, demonstrated how mathematicians can fake math in number theory. And that was over 14 years ago! Why wouldn't they talk it, except to keep being able to use it? Or to hide needed corrections if known? Do they really think few people know? Maybe.

Could go on and on with HUGE results. Am looking at behavior though not of people who believe they're known to be running from the truth. I think these are people who learned rules before the web, and are comforted by their ignorance of web reality.

I HAVE tried to share still with establishment people but they have apparently decided can just ignore me, which to me is naively believing others do not know. But what if you let them know you do?

How easy? Just tell a mathematician a somewhat cryptic phrase? But then again, maybe not.

If you DO know, just tell a mathematician: We know.

Am thinking about other recent movements on the web, and thinking of something that should be safe. I think. Who knows.

But my suspicion is that an establishment which believes that established media still rules does not realize the reality. Web rules.

We DO know.

No comments: