Translate

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Some things settled in my mind

As much as have talked being unsettled by many things including my mathematical discovery, it occurs to me could be helpful to others to talk some things that are SETTLED in my mind.

One thing that is officially settled in actuality though have noticed people think there is room for debate is my one publication in a mathematical journal, where yeah, always feel a need to also inform things got wacky after. So yeah AFTER publication of my paper the chief editor went against protocol and tried to just delete out of the electronic journal, which left a gap where he lied claiming my paper was withdrawn. I say now was a lie as implies was something official when was not.

The journal managed one other edition before it shutdown. Its hosting university scrubbed all mention of it (last time I checked), but my paper lives on, along with all the other papers published in the over ten years the journal was active. Saved though by Europeans.

And was surprised to notice a post thanking certain people trended higher here. Link to it so is clear and for future reference as currently is #1 on the blog. Which to me? Came out of the blue.

However yeah reality is, you cannot have major mathematical discoveries without people noticing, I guess. And they drive a LOT of things which others can notice. Like that is how this blog by its name is high in search results. And is a large part of my global presence which I have noted is on par with a university. That is a pure merit reality enabled by the web, and I have NO control over such things.

Oh yeah so thank you to people all over the world who I admit are still mostly a mystery to me. But you are also heroes in my story. Thanks to you could get other evidence besides just my ability to prove that my ideas were important. One does ponder what is most important, and yeah, mathematical proof is, but how do you know for sure? One's mind can play tricks on you.

But being global is such a massive thing has taken me years to process and am still working on. Which is something only others out there around planet Earth could give. Is never something I could take.

Can just present my ideas like my math but cannot make people do all the other on such a scale.

What is settled then is a formally peer reviewed and published result, which was to demonstrate a tragic flaw in established number theory that lets someone produce a fake paper that appears to be correct with full rigor. Where paper was dated in 2003, while the journal had dragged a bit in publishing in early 2004, then all that wacky happened.

Is a shock. Was not surprised when there were mathematicians who clearly simply ran away from the result. And some may wonder: with what impact?

Reality actually is, biggest impact in my opinion was in me not having to share credit for things. (So selfish, eh? Yup. But figure should be honest there.) Otherwise there probably was a lot of political impact, and probably biggest impacts were social and on the entertainment industry. US economy probably lost a few billion dollars or so, and mathematical discipline will shrug as have explained.

As a major mathematical discoverer, will admit, to me? I like that not sharing credit thing for the most part. And also was so HUGE to me to get my own result like my way to calculate a modular inverse. That puts me in very rare air. Can legitimately be in a club shared with Euler and Euclid on that result alone. Which JUST GOT last year. For all I know? If ANYTHING prior had been different either I might not have gotten and humanity might not have known, or someone else would have that honor. So am like, is all good. Am ok with how things have gone because have gained so much.

To the mathematical field will all be a blip in history soon enough. Mathematics is just so HUGE really. Have a greater sense of the immense scale now than had before.

So yeah for me is all cool really. Some may notice places on the web where there are disparaging things said about me or my results and is, a shrug. For any global person can probably find that to be the case. Is just how humanity behaves, or some humans behave badly should say.

For folks who can check the math, and who understand web authority which is a relatively new concept, then there are obvious things. Like no one gets status at my levels for nothing, or for wrong things either. Just look around, and try to find someone if you think otherwise. I can shrug at major celebrities. And think to myself, wow, so that's one way to get attention, for a little bit. So cute. (Yuck. I actually DO think that too.)

Who failed most massively in this saga though? Some might think I'd say academics. But I say governments. Which is so much political. So to me, there is much settled. Where the math is the easy part.


James Harris

No comments: