Translate

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Talking some celeb-reality

Realized years ago needed to not myself be a source of misinformation about my own story. Which is why try to be careful and objective, with a focus on facts. But had to correct how I talked anyway as realized believed things not true from growing up in the 20th century.

Most of what I thought I knew about celebrity was either a complete fiction, or was just wrong.

Now I say celebrity is JUST the conversation in some excited way around a person, thing or topic. Which necessarily dies down rather rapidly, but can be re-energized with something new.

In contrast, my ideas draw attention from usefulness. But you know it's like Euclid is one of the most known names in the world, but how much celebrity? Very little. But there is some. Reality though is most talk of Euclid is about people forced to take geometry in school.

Consider Euler in contrast, where there is not that kind of thing. And most celebrity around Euler is with math people, especially mathematicians.

Web authority has emerged as very important in our times and have talked some. What will add here as maybe useful is that this blog is one of my most linked, but my greatest objective reach is with my open source project which is one of my least. The search domination of Class Viewer has been there for over a decade and according to Google Webmaster Tools is one of my least linked things.

Will not give numbers but Class Viewer is an order of magnitude smaller in reported links than this blog. Have puzzled over that for years. Feel like am getting a better sense of why.

To me the total number reported of links is irrelevant as is link quality that matters. That is, it matters WHO links to you more than total number of links. And have watched things grow in reach as links drop, possibly as weaker links are eliminated.

My own analysis of impact of negative statements is they merely drive reach, since the truth is more important. And at my current level has dropped to almost zero impact. Which was kind of a relief. In the past I over-rated the impact of any saying negatives, but turns out people do check.

Almost never notice anything negative about me or my research any more. Am sure could go find, but why bother. As have noted, people who draw attention on a global level get negatives as well.

And guess that is more of what will talk. Have admitted my global attention level has been challenging for me. That is both from the idea of it, in terms of the numbers and with having to deal with other things related where I do not discuss in detail but are actually positive

So yeah, you get globally known then that gives some obvious things, where money is not directly connected. To make money you generally need an agent who takes a percentage which I despise as a system. And would just as soon innovate to something better.

For years funded my own research simply working at what I'd call a day job, which to me was best. But unfortunately have found my global level does actually mean businesses take on a risk with me working a regular job.

Is unfortunate to me.

Have become more chatty about certain things. For me so much is in the challenge and the result. Like say I rework the entertainment industry and eliminate the current agent system? Wouldn't that be something?

Yup. Am confident THAT is what is in process now. But is a web reality. Web is figuring it out.

Once established then I can just make money with the new system the web is still building. Which will be really exceptional, when arrives.

As their money collapses, am confident certain people will either adjust and recognize, or will simply disappear as with money people? Money really is the only leverage they have.

To me is unfortunate needs to be this way. Spent a lot more time than was necessary looking for a different solution. To me so much was about me being more reasonable than others realized.

My own guess is that soon enough, we will have global changes that will eliminate how agents have operated in plenty of places from the entertainment industry to the press as well, and others where that unfortunate system of a percentage of the work of someone else has held sway. We will all be much better off, am sure.

Celebrity as it existed in the 20th century is quite simply--going away.

The web is bringing in more new and better, where web authority will rule much.


James Harris

No comments: