Translate

Thursday, August 09, 2018

Some quick web search reality

Like to talk about web authority as kind of this new thing, when I say that authority is when one entity has information needed by another. Like you seek appropriate medical authority when concerned about your health.

So will give some of the types of web searches that I do when trying to check on audience reaction to some math result. Will do these searches now as well to talk them.

Web search: three variable quadratic reduction

Got my blog at #2 with a search in Google. However, importantly most of the other search results seemed unrelated though maybe the #1 talked the subject but will not click on it to be sure.

While in Bing got #1 and a link to my Google Groups where have posted a PDF. Curious, eh?

Web search: reduce binary quadratic diophantine

Still in Bing and do not get any of my math in the top 10, which...ok went further and didn't find anything of mine in top 50 search results. And got #1 in Google with that search. So can witness a case where Bing didn't link to it highly but Google did.

Your results may differ. However remarkably just about anyone in the world with web access who does these searches? Is likely to get similar results. Is weird, eh? (If not feel free to comment. Ok I rarely get comments. But reader will know if tries.)

Ok, how about more new? Web search: modular inverse discovery

In Google have #1 and #2 with that search.  And in Bing have #1 and #2.

So yeah the bigger the result the more dominance have often found, early. Like not even bothering with searches on my prime counting. Its dominance has shifted over the years and last I checked was on the wane. So there apparently is a certain amount of celebrity involved.

Hot items were my focus here with good reason! Wanted results that impressed, But in general the idea here is to get objective information from web authority.

And those are the web search engines I check routinely. And I try to do action searches which show a NEED which is to be fulfilled, like wanting to reduce three variable quadratics.

If wonder how web search works suggest do your research.

Web authority is gaining more and more influence around our planet, as when people need information more and more they turn to it. I know I do.


James Harris

No comments: