Translate

Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Have been surprised so some math reality

Should admit if also for myself as DO read through my posts wondering at times, years later, have been surprised at how things have gone with some recent results.

Like last year was back almost to holding my breath with the modular inverse find. Luckily am smart enough to realize...ok, was VERY surprised. So to recap though have talked relentlessly back May of last year discovered there was a new way, MY way, to calculate the modular inverse. Explain modular inverse in overview here.

Yet here we are.

Is clear to me that mathematicians are going to play the ignore game--again.

Which is very weird. Also FINALLY trotted out a general method for reducing certain types of three variable quadratic equations. And figured hey with a UNIQUE result showing something number theorists couldn't do, maybe something would happen. Yet here we are.

Guess mathematicians are going to play the ignore game there too!

So what happens? People use the results. I can watch evidence on web search but also there is other evidence. There are things you can do with my math research that humanity as a species struggled with, without it.

Like in this case strongly suspect my modular inverse method can be made VERY much faster than anything prior. And being able to generally reduce even a certain type of three variable quadratics for the FIRST time in human history?

Well, we live in a three dimensional spatial reality, you know?

Oh well. Our species can be so wacky. What can I do about reaction of OTHER people to major mathematical finds? Not much. But have explained that plenty of times.

My primary job is just to make the information available, for the good of humanity. It's a really cool job too. However so far? Doesn't pay very well, monetarily.

You cannot make any particular humans beings be interested in math, in reality. Fantasy though?

Well lots of people are all over that. Real math can be VERY hard, to discover.

So I get to be the major discoverer who gets to deal with a variation on past themes.

Ok. There was a slot available. To me? Is actually maybe more interesting this way.

Am working on not being surprised is all. Now have covered enough ways to be a major math discoverer guess that's it.

Well eventually will get over my surprise. Actually doesn't change things much for me--as long as I'm not surprised!!! You'd think I'd know by now though. Like have over 16 years with my explanation for the prime distribution thingy. Still part of me was clinging to something which I find hard to let go.

Was a view of the human species that I held but must relinquish. We're just more emotional as a species than moved by fact.

You have to appeal to people's FEELINGS whether you like it or not. Oh.

Ok. Yeah needed to put that down. So can remind myself.

Maybe will get around to that--eventually. Is not like it's hard to do. Still part of me is like, really?

Are you sure?

Just bothers me on principle I think. More and more am into logic.

Part of me thinks I simply need to expand the problem space. But what's my motivation? Eh?

Knew that was coming.

Maybe my motivation is the same as always: I just want to know--more.


James Harris

No comments: