Translate

Monday, June 25, 2018

Some of my explanation

Mathematics is one of the most prestigious areas of human intellectual activity. And it makes sense to step carefully when making challenging assertions, where will admit have bounced around as to how I talk certain things. Here will give my own explanations for what I think has happened around my own mathematical discovery.

Like to me one of the coolest things ever is:

Where pj is the jth prime:

P(x,n) = x - 1 - sum for j=1 to n of {P([x/pj],j-1) - (j-1)}

That summation will count primes if you make sure n equals the count of primes up to sqrt(x), but no higher. And an example of what it gives is P(100,4) = 25.

Which I copied just now from one of the posts where I talk my prime counting discovery.

That result leads to a partial differential equation and is part of the explanation of the link between the count of prime numbers and continuous functions. Which makes it one of the greatest discoveries in the history of mathematics, in my opinion. So now I hedge.

The lack of immediate pickup--and appropriate cheering--from people who claim to prize mathematical knowledge is easily explained, by a result I found later. I figured out could make an argument that looked like a correct mathematical proof by the accepted rules, which could also be shown to be flawed--by those accepted rules. And the paper is dated 2003, but actually was published in 2004, where things got wacky after. Give a good recent overview I think with post:


So what gives then? Well I figured out there were some numbers...well. I covered a lot more recently with a basic generalized factorization:

In the complex plane:

P(x) = (g1(x) + 1)(g2(x) + 2)

where P(x) is a primitive quadratic with integer coefficients, g1(0) = g2(0) = 0, but g1(x) does not equal 0 for all x.

Taken from this post, which I look at LOTS. Figured out how to solve for the g's to show how you can get all algebraic integers, and then keep going, and realize there are other numbers previously not catalogued. Where is like if you stumble across people who only know evens, and then claim that 2 and 6 are coprime, and you end up arguing with them about the existence of 3.

Is boring. Today I face problems I consider to be about people for whom the truth is irrelevant, like they have a math religion now. And mathematicians are the priesthood, and they just believe what they are told, I guess. As these things are old news.

And have done things I think are cool in lots of mathematical areas. Like even found something that apparently puzzled Ramanujan, but am not sure, of course.  And Euler did work in the same area too! Which I thought was great. I DO wonder what they'd make of my BQD Iterator and the simple explanation.

Of course also managed more recently to be able to group myself with Euler with my own modular inverse discovery, which is about as cool as it can get in mathematics.

So yeah have a little bit of lots, and just gave some highlights which occurred to me now as both definitive and easy for me to trot out, without having to work too hard.

So what gives with other people talking? I really do not know. Actually am not sure what people are talking or not. This blog pulls global attention according to Google Analytics. But then am puzzled at what am not noticing happen. Which doesn't mean is not maybe happening. Feel confident though that if certain things were happening, I would notice.

Oh, some may think race is a factor. I figured out long ago why it is not. Turns out that American racism is primarily a problem of the United States as modern version was invented here. Nation ran into a contradiction with claims of believing in merit rules, and people having slaves: so invented what is commonly considered to be race. And science has debunked race as a social construct.

Mathematics is global. The United States is influential but not that influential. American racism in my assessment has had no impact on my story with my mathematical discovery. Turns out quite simply that humans challenged with the truth can resist it. Like check out this story for sad and bizarre perspective, on my blog Beyond Mundane:


So yeah, simpler explanation is that I have big enough math results that challenge enough people they just have far as I can tell decided to simply not acknowledge them. And just keep doing what they were doing! Which does not mean understanding numbers as well as they could.

There is a certain amount of naive too, I think. Modern web is SO new. Where will admit am very lucky that web is here. But yeah, certain people who do not fully understand how the web works, may be unable to accept how information travels.

People DO know, but then what? Gets very complicated there and often involves perceived self-interest but also pragmatism, especially with confronting establishment things. Besides a lot of people are VERY cynical about much. Mathematicians doing fake research? To them may not at all be a surprise.

I WAS surprised for years. Now I'm not. Is harder for me though.

You have to believe in so much to learn enough to discover as I have. And then to have that discovery shatter so much of my faith in so many institutions? Was VERY difficult for me. But now am more at peace with much which is really about time.

Of course helps to have kept getting monster discoveries routinely too! Guess that's natural.

Truth can be hard to handle for lots of reasons. And yeah there are people who prefer the lie. Or can believe with what I think is religious fervor, and for them is just a matter of faith.

But, for the truly curious that is not a path they would take. Is not satisfying. And more and more am trying to speak more to that audience of folks I figure appreciate the truth. Numbers do not care. These discoveries are way cool, and for people who want to understand mathematics, the truth matters more, am sure.

And yeah, may as well note, these answers intrigue me as well. Is just still surreal to think of as, answers I figured out. As years go by is easier to distance myself though, which is also kind of weird. I figured out, but...how really. Does it matter. Yeah to me! But then again, don't I know? I guess so.

So much that are simple answers though. Math really does not care what we think.

Let those others who are the lost keep with their mathematics as a religion. History will catch up eventually. Which is what history teaches us.

In the meantime, we can just have fun, appreciate the truth, and appreciate how hard it can be to know, and accept.

Would I speed things up if I could? Like get official recognition and changing math textbooks, and getting interviews with global press on the constant? In the past would have said yes, and now am thankful for the time. So no, and believe in a process. More and more feel like world knows better about how these things should go.

Besides I have my global status, but without so much of the fuss. More I learn, more appreciate how great so much actually is with how things have gone. Takes years to process. Is just reality.


James Harris

No comments: