Translate

Friday, November 21, 2014

Crowd approval

My focus is on knowing things absolutely. So I made a post where I talked about how you can check for absolute proof. There is a value though in seeing that what you've found is appreciated by others.

For a sense of some of my math research rank, anywhere in the world you can go to a web search engine and you can get an objective measure by a simple test which tells you about the interests of other people besides myself.

Web search: reduce binary quadratic diophantine equations

Turns out my research dominates on that subject as amazingly enough I have the privilege of having improved upon methods that Gauss previously best developed. And Gauss is a hero of mine so I think that's really cool. And the point then is to see that's not just some personal opinion.

Look at the other search results besides my content that come up to see the competition, as the web is highly efficient for helping you with such comparisons. I guess that's the future.

My way of reducing binary quadratic Diophantine equations is one of the best in the world. That's the kind of objective assessment the web can give you. Don't trust me, trust it. Or don't, but it's not like that changes things. That pull is so strong that it's like a tidal wave. The pressure is actually more intense than possibly faced by anything but results at the highest level.

So the good news is that my research has to survive intense pressure and scrutiny.

Getting the attention of the world requires your math work.

Interesting to state it, which can sound so far-fetched--which is why the web search is so potent. It removes my opinion from the mix. All I'm doing here is pointing out what is verifiable. It's not even hard to check.

Unless possibly you think there's a vast conspiracy with the major search engines of the world desperate to fool you, it's an objective test.

There is no such vast worldwide conspiracy. I checked.

And if you think maybe there is, do you really think you're that important? Why should they bother fooling you?

Yet, it's one of my minor results which is part of one of the more fascinating advances in human thought that took over a century to occur.

And to me that's the kind of thing that should be cherished by the mathematical community, but instead it's supported by the world as revealed by web search. Um, between those two, which should concern me the most? Yup, the world.

So there is this world support for me and my ideas. That it comes from new technology? Should that bother me? Actually that should give more confidence to others. But no official support of which I'm aware, which I admit is probably more about lack of information. If you think I'm just some individual railing against the mathematical establishment, then that perception can control your response, which I think is not good. Why can't mathematical proof matter more?

Reality can defy perception.

But the situation has been helpful as a part of me needed to see what people would live up to a certain standard, in terms of truth.

But I've accepted I can't hold up everything while I push that kind of standard. I just wish it had worked. My goal was to find people for whom absolute mathematical proof was all that mattered. Possibly I was misguided in that search.

For fans of my research, yeah, there are lots of positives. So yeah, it's clearly been recognized as revealed by web search. That's better than having some people claim you're right. Let the crowd give its approval.

Turns out binary quadratic Diophantine equations are really important and not just for "pure math" so people want the best, regardless of who discovered it.

That is, world is weirdly efficient.


James Harris

No comments: